1 Minute Read
Books and travels in the fjords
I’ve been off for the past few weeks visiting my homeland, Poland and then spending a couple of weeks meandering in a little hire car round the Norwegian fjords. It was amazingly tranquil with very friendly locals and wonderous nature everywhere. The photo above is of a tiny book and coffee shop that I found on a colourful, cobbled street in Stavanger.
The trip got me thinking of my favourite Scandinavian children’s stories – a list which is naturally headed up by the inimitable Astrid Lindgren. Here are my top 5. What are yours?
- Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
- The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder
- The Stories of Hans Christian Andersen
- Tales from Moominvalley by Tove Jansson
- Bridget and the Gray Wolves by Pija Lindenbaum